Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Forum categories not working?

13 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Also please make sure you don't have active bbPress in your plugins admin page bbPress has some reserved slugs and it may conflict with wpForo.

Topic starter
(@lindsaygj)

Hi,

So that is just the way my site is set up (I have a second wordpress install located at womangettingmarried.com/community) so I cannot change that. How can I work around that? I have tried everything else you listed above with no luck.

thanks.

1 Reply
(@aajaanron)

Hi - I'm just throwng this out there . .. I had a brief problem initially with my wpforo setup that sounds similar but fixed it quickly because I had experienced a HUGE problem on an unrelated WIKI site which was not using wpforo.

It was to do with the slug - in my wpforo case 'community' (blog) and overlapping with the forum root being deciphered and hitting 'community' slug confused the app. I solved it by changing the "community" slug on my secondary (non-wpforo) page to something else while retaining the front-end - Name menus etc appearances, something like "community-xyz" might work - of course xyz could be anything -  or as in my case I changed 'community' out of that original non-wpforo slug altogether but it still appears as "Community" in all other front end aspects.
Sorry if this is a dead-end, I didn't pay much attention to what else  may have done to resolve it when I ran into it with wpforo because after an hour or so of perplexing tinkering I remembered the first issue and I think I did the same thing or similar to fix it. I've since changed this site so I can't help with any more than vague memory.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

What is the forum base URL on this site? Please leave a screen of wpForo General Settings.

Topic starter
(@lindsaygj)

Hi! Screenshot attached. My WP-Foro shortcode is on a page called "Forum" with this URL if that helps as well:  http://www.womangettingmarried.com/community/forum/

Thanks!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This forum is wrongly configured. if you set the base URL /boards/ you should delete the /forums/ page and create a new page with /boards/ slug and put the [wpforo] shortcode in this page.

Page 2 / 3