Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How do members know when I post a new Forum post or add a comment

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mima-maria)

Hi, I am new to WPForo and forums in general. Please help me understand how my members, once signed up will know when I posted a new post. I see there is an email feature. Do I need to send an email to all my members every time I make a new post? If yes, is there a way to send a group email to everyone? Or can my members sign up some place for automatic notifications? Is it possible that my members are notified via text if they chose that option? How will a particular person know that I responded to their question? Thank you for any help!

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

There is no way to do that, the users have to MANUALLY subscribe to a Forum via Subscrive for new Topics (or to a topic, via Subscribe to New Replies).

If they do, they are notified via email.

Also doing that will create a huge email out load, are you prepared for that?

4 Replies
(@mima-maria)

@dimalifragis Thanks for your reply! I was wondering about mass emailing might be happening eventually. I am totally new to forums, isn't that a feature people want from a forum so that they are notified when a new post/topic is made so that they are kept up with what is happening? Would a work around be that I set up a separate email just for the forum?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@mima-maria All those questions of yours must consider also GDPR and other stricter regulations (like in Germany for example).

Users MUST subscribe to forums themselves. Nothing else can be done within wpForo. Mass mailing is not something related to wpForo.

Users that OPEN A NEW Topic or REPLY to a Topic, can select also to subscribe to that topic. If they wish to do so.

Nobody wants to get notifications out of the blue.

(@mima-maria)

@dimalifragis Thanks! Yes that is what I want. That people subscribe to the topics/posts they want to see. So it will go through my email, one person at a time, through the email that is linked to my Wordpress account? Is that correct? So no mass mailing of all the people who signed up for the same topic would happen?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@mima-maria Sorry, but i do not understand what you say.

And it is all clear and simple. If someone subscribes to a TOPIC or a FORUM, he will get a notification about new post or topic.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @mima-maria,

Posted by: @mima-maria

Please help me understand how my members, once signed up will know when I posted a new post. I see there is an email feature.

Your user cannot be automatically subscribed to a forum after sign up, they have to do that manually,

Posted by: @mima-maria

Do I need to send an email to all my members every time I make a new post? If yes, is there a way to send a group email to everyone? Or can my members sign up some place for automatic notifications?

If users subscribe to a Forum, they will get email about new topics created in that forum.

And if they subscribe to the topic, they will get emails about new replies in the topic.

Also in Front-End > My Profiles > Subscriptions page, user can manage their subscriptions.

There are also two options which let user to Subscribe to all new topics and posts and/or Subscribe to all new topics.