Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to allow guest can post with not required author name, email?

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@allsolution)

How to allow guest can post with not required author name, email?

I want to guests can post anonymously with all over forum.

How could I do this?

Which settings?

Please anyone help me

Topic Tags
9 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @allsolution,

If we enable this, wpForo will be the most insecure forum platform with opened guards to all spammers of the world. There is no why authorize and keep tracking of post author without these data. I'm sorry, there is no way to enable Guest posting without Email and Name on wpForo.

Topic starter
(@allsolution)

Thanks for your reply. I use it for VPN network. There won't be spammer. 
Could you tell me way to enable Guest posting without Email and Name on wpForo

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @allsolution,

The email and name fields are used for topic/post owner detection and correct information displaying purposes. Also there are other essential dependence on post author name and email. There is no way to post a topic or reply without name and email. This is not a Blog comment system, this is a forum system and it has lots of permission functions based on post author data.

3 Replies
 Kota
(@kota)

Eminent Member
Hello, 
Posted by: @robert

Hi @allsolution,

The email and name fields are used for topic/post owner detection and correct information displaying purposes. Also there are other essential dependence on post author name and email. There is no way to post a topic or reply without name and email. This is not a Blog comment system, this is a forum system and it has lots of permission functions based on post author data.

Is there a way to enable guest posting only with name field? I would like to remove email field.

My forum is providing for only guest, so no need to detect topic/post owner, and no need to correct information. It's okay to remove all functions for registered users.

Spam is also no problem because some security system (plugin, recaptcha, etc)can guard.

In my country, people hesitate to enter their personal information, especially email. If forum requires to enter this field, people never use this.

Wpforo is fine plugin, so I would like to use. 

Please let me know your advice.

Thank you in advance.

(@martin)

Support Team

@kota

For the guest posting it's not necessary to insert a real email, it's only necessary to get subscription emails if someone replied to you. So they can put fake emails on posting. But there is no way to disable the Email filed.

Kota
(@kota)

Eminent Member

@martin

Thank you for your advice.

(@nothere)

Is there a way to enable guest posting? a name and email is fine with me.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@nothere,

sure, please read this article on "How to Enable Guest Posting in wpForo":

https://gvectors.com/how-to-enable-guest-posting-on-wpforo-wordpress-forum-plugin/

Page 1 / 2