Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Can guests be banned from posting via Disallowed comment keys?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
SiteBastion
Topic starter
(@sitebastion)
Trusted Member

We have decided to allow guest posting (for a variety of user-centric reasons even if it is a terrible idea).

We allow guest posting in WPDiscuz and we know that if we get a bad mouthed individual we can ban them by adding their email address to the Settings>Discussion>Disallowed comment keys.

Does that also work for the forums? If not is there another way to ban a user from posting?

Thanks,

Kim

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@sitebastion,

Check this Doc: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/member-manager/#action-buttons

SiteBastion
Topic starter
(@sitebastion)
Trusted Member

Hi Chris,

That would work great for Members, but what about guests? As I mentioned in my original post, we will not be having forum users log into WordPress, they will be allowed to post as guests. So we'll still have their email and name but not any way to ban a particular user since they are all guests.

I really want to know if WPForo respects the "Disallowed comment keys" from the WP discussions settings or not.

Thanks,

Kim

SiteBastion
Topic starter
(@sitebastion)
Trusted Member

Hi Chris - So I did some testing...

I can confirm that WPForo does not respect the "Disallowed comment keys" in the WP Discussion settings. I added an email, a couple of words and a fake IP address to the list and WPForo allows all of the posts to proceed.

HOWEVER -

I also have Forum Censure Pro (yay!) & I found that I can ban individual email addresses there!

So problem solved with the addition of Forum Censure Pro (I also use Comment Censure Pro and it works exactly as needed).

Thanks,

Kim