Notifications
Clear all

How to define a canonical URL for one particular topic ?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@romain45)

Hello,

I've enable meta title and SEO Tags in the WPforo parameters. 

But I don't find how to define a cannonical url for one particular topic. Could You indicate me were I can define the canonical url for each forum topics/discussion ? 

Thank You very much.

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

Please note that the canonical URL is automatically defined by wpForo SEO tags. Please refer to the attached screenshot for clarification.

Topic starter
(@romain45)

Hello, thank You for your feedback. I read already the article but I would like to know if I can define manually a cannonical url for each topic to another page of my website. 
Exemple :

• A topic is created by a member : "What are the best hostels in Los Angeles"
  • But I already have an article on my website : " The 5 best hostels in Los Angeles"

Basically, The forum topic will have a negative SEO impact by generating cannibalization. To avoid this I would like to know if I have to : 

• Delate the topic via moderation and indicate to the membre that he could read my article : It is I thinck very brutal but would avaoid a SEO suicide.
  • Define my article manually as cannonical for this forum topic : I thinck it would be wonderfull to be able to do that : Good experience for the member + Potentially good advice in the topic that I can use to update my article. 

Is it possible ? 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Already answered here:

Please note that the canonical URL is automatically defined by wpForo SEO tags.

Topic starter
(@romain45)

Ok, but can I define one specific tag to one article and then to configure this tag to define the canonical rule for the article ?