Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How to hide the entire forum behind a login page?

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
 fiw
Topic starter
(@fiw)

Hi there, I am having the same issue as previous users with hiding the whole forum. I changed the Forum url to login shortcode in the WPForo menu but even in cognito mode if I copy and paste the /community URL I still see the Forum homepage (see screen shot). What am I missing? I want users not to be to see any part of the forum if they are not logged in. I want it to be completely hidden from guests please. Thanks for your help! 

6 Replies
(@annamf12)

Hi there!  I followed the instructions found in this forum to make the Forum my homepage and then used 2 plugins to achieve hiding the forum unless users are registered. 

1.  I used the Login Press plugin to customize the login to match the forum page instead of it looking like just the wordpress basic login. 

2.  Then I used the Force Login which will put the customized login page for your Wordpress on the front page of your site and force users to login or register before being able to view your forum. 

I also used the instructions here https://www.trickspanda.com/auto-redirect-users-login-wordpress/ to redirect members to the Forum upon login, and admins will be redirected to the admin panel.  I hope this helps!! 

1 Reply
 fiw
(@fiw)

@annamf12 thank you so much for your guidance! I'm not sure I've gotten it right but will come back to you if I need more detailed help, hope that's ok! 🙂

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @fiw,

Please read this article on How to Setup a Private Forum Using wpForo WordPress Forum Plugin: https://gvectors.com/how-to-set-up-private-forum/

Also, please check the @annamf12 suggestion in the above post.

3 Replies
 fiw
(@fiw)

@alvina thanks for your response Alvina. I had followed these instructions but that doesn't solve the issue of creating a truly hidden forum. The login page still shows the widgets! Any way of removing those from the login page? Thanks again

Alvina
(@alvina)

@fiw,

Please use the following CSS code: 

body:not(.logged-in) #wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-right-sidebar {
display: none !important;
}

The CSS code should be added in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > admin page, "Custom CSS Code" textarea.

In any case please don't forget to delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

fiw
(@fiw)

@alvina ah brilliant! Worked like a charm. Thank you for your support! Much appreciated 😊