Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to hide the Username in user posts

14 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aufkarrierekurs)

Hi,

is it possible to show the Nicename next to user posts instead of the Username? Or to hide the Username and only show the Nicename?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

13 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@aufkarrierekurs,

As I've already mentioned in this topic, the name you've mentioned is NOT the username, it is a Member Mention Nicknames

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/problem-with-answer-button/#post-31999

You can hide the Mention Nickname in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page. 

Topic starter
(@aufkarrierekurs)

I don't want to hide the Nickname, I want to hide the Display Name next to posts. Not the Usename as mentioned before, sorry for that.

So far it's possible to show both I think, the Display Name AND the Nickname next to posts, right?

How can I hide the Display Name?

Thanks and best regards
Christian

(@chatmehard)

Hey guys, I switched off the Member Mention Nicknames, but that (@admin) text is still there, and for the other users as well. How can I make it go away?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@chatmehard,

If you have cache plugin, please exclude wpForo from it. Then Press CTRL + F5 twice to clean the cache of the page and check again.

Also check this FAQ Topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

(@chatmehard)

Thank you very much it worked! But now there is another problem: when one of the users replied with quoting the original post, (so the other post is at the start of their reply) then there is a line above the text "Posted by: @username" and that's a problem because I want them to see the display name of other users not the username. How can I change it to the display name? Or if I can't do that, how can I block these type of replying?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@chatmehard,

Show Member Mention Nicknames option just hide the Mention Nicknames but does not stop their work, so if someone knows your Mention Nickname, he can mention you.

About the quotes part, you can not set Display name for mentioning, and the reason is that 1 Display name can be used by several users, and that name cannot be a path to the user account etc.

Page 1 / 2