Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How to improve wpforo performance?

27 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

The significant difference on my site between /blogs and /community is WP rocket cache plugin is disabled for the forum.

ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

The performance is not good too with GTmetrix

There is are of improvement here for SEO. There is a great support here. It's why I am sharing customer feedback here. No finger pointing at all.

Your plugin rocks.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

One way to check if wpForo caching is good or not, is to go into wpForo settings and DISABLE it. And run the test again and compare.

I haven't done that myself.

2 Replies
ldj72
(@ldj72)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis 

I don't get you. xxx.com/community is the page where I have [wpforo] activated. If I switch it off, the page will be loaded faster, for sure.

I am comparing my blog page xxx.com/blogs , where there is no [wpforo] activated and xxx.com/community

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @ldj72

@dimalifragis 

I don't get you. xxx.com/community is the page where I have [wpforo] activated. If I switch it off, the page will be loaded faster, for sure.

I am comparing my blog page xxx.com/blogs , where there is no [wpforo] activated and xxx.com/community

I mean disable wpForo caching in settings and compare if wpForo caching improves in reality or not.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

And i was right. Checking page speed insights of one of my INNER wpForo pages,

i get a lot better score. For mobile that is. While my home forum is a 30 speed, see the topics:

2 Replies
ldj72
(@ldj72)

Estimable Member

@dimalifragis 

For you, 52/100 is a good number?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @ldj72

@dimalifragis 

For you, 52/100 is a good number?

No it is not, comparing with what i have in my site Home page (89). But from 30, 51 seems a lot better.

Also if i remove adsense, the scrore is 61 (forum home). Still not the best. And i guess in inner topic pages it could be like 70+.

Just providing some facts.

Maybe gVectors would like to comment and offer some suggestions.

Page 4 / 4