Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to make subforum private

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Hi, I have a public forum ( https://iactm.org/tctn-forummain-forum/) to which I would like to add a category of forum that is not visible to the public and only accessible to a certain group. To do this I created a subforum called ASE Group Supervision Forum (see screenshot attached) and set no access for guests and customers. Standard for members. Am I on the right path? How do people register for this specific part of the forum or is it necessary to set up a password to access it? Any hints would be appreciated. Thank you!

Topic Tags
11 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @janjan,

Check this Post: https://gvectors.com/how-to-set-up-private-forum/

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Thanks for your speedy reply @Chris. I followed this great post to set it up originally. I am just unsure about the two questions: How do people register for this specific part of the forum or is it necessary to set up a password to access it?  

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@janjan,

There is no registration for specific part, The private forum would be accessible for the users by their Usergroup.

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Thank you. How can I achieve that only a specific group of the usergroup "member" for example is able to access the private forum? There are several users of the "member" usergroup who would qualify for the private access, but most "member" usergroup members would not. Is this possible to achieve?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@janjan,

You can achieve that by secondary usergroup.

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

Only about 20 of the current members would qualify to have access to a private forum, how can I achieve that through the secondary usergroup? Do I have to manually select those 20 members? And what about specific new users that will sign up and have to get the same access? In both cases those selected people should be able to have access to the main forum AND to the forum that is reserved for a specific group? The screenshot shows the current set up and I am unsure where to go from here to achieve my goal?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@janjan,

You want that the user chose to have access to the private forum?

Page 1 / 2