Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to make subforum private

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

No, I want the specific user to automatically have access to the private forum too when they sign up (ideally). This only applies to some new members though. If this is not achievable, then please let me know how I can give only certain users access to both parts of the forum.

2 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@janjan,

Posted by: @janjan

please let me know how I can give only certain users access to both parts of the forum.

you can go to Dashboard > Users > All Users, press edit, and set the secondary usergroup for that user from Forum – Secondary Usergroups field.

(@janjan)

Estimable Member

@chris I see "Member" and "Customer" as the options for Forum - Secondary Usergroups. Only some customers should be allowed to view the private forum and only some members should be allowed to view the private forum. Do I have to create a third Secondary Usergroup? If so, how?

Topic starter
(@janjan)
Estimable Member

To explain: The private forum is to discuss client cases or sensitive information questions between only a group of qualified coaches and therapists. Some of those people have previously purchased something (hence have customer role) and others are subscribers because they subscribed to our news emails. We want access to this private forum for only certain members and I have not understood how to grant only these users access to the private forum. Can you elaborate please?

Page 2 / 2