Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Is there any options to use "Short Url" by default in wpforo?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@crescendo)
Eminent Member

Hi. My question is with regards to changing permalink structure from "post_name" to "number" style.

Someone had the same problem 2 years ago: See This Post, but there's been no update since then.

My motivation for doing this is exactly the same. For posts with titles containing UTF-8 characters, the post_name URL looks nasty. It could contain 200+ characters that make absolutely no sense. I highly prefer to use numbers, instead of names, for permalinks.

The "Short Url" function in wpforo does satisfy this need, BUT it's very difficult for users to notice this feature. I would need something that's more clear and direct, i.e. let users copy a number-style url directly from their browser.

I have tried setting the permalink structure as "number" or "custom" in WordPress dashboard (Dashboard > settings), but it won't work. Some posts from this forum suggest wpforo only supports the post_name permalink style, while some say it's supposed to change with the settings.

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @crescendo,

wpForo doesn't have that functionality for now, however I will set under consideration your request, to add it in wpForo 2.0 major version.

(@pochi555)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @crescendo

Hi. My question is with regards to changing permalink structure from "post_name" to "number" style.

Is there this feature in wpforo2.0?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@pochi555,

Not planned yet.

1 Reply
(@pochi555)

Estimable Member

@chris 

I understood it. Thank you for your reply.