Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to remove all followers to a forum

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@denisec)

Since I did not receive an answer on my original topic - how to remove one follower who subscribed to a forum topic  - how can we remove ALL followers from a forum or forum topic.  
This is an unusual situation.  We getting constant email complaints from a person who was a member and follower on one of our forums who no longer wants to receive emails.  She was a member and has been removed from being a member at her request but her emails keep being sent to her.  You cannot view the forum unless you are a member. The "unsubscribe" link in her email is not working.  How can we fix this without scrapping everything? (which sounds like overkill but she is insistent that we are spamming her).

Denise

3 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@denisec hi, 

This might sound silly, but how about re-creating her account using the same e-mail address (and username etc if you remember it) then going to that particular topic and using the Unsubscribe button?

There's also ways where you could look up for that e-mail address in the database and manually removing it, but this can always cause major problems if you don't know exactly what you are doing, and I would strongly advise you against it. If by any means you proceed down that route BE SURE you create a FULL backup of your entire site before doing so.

Regards.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You can truncate the wp_wpforo_subscribes table of your website database. Please read this topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/how-to-remove-subscribe-for-new-topics-feature/#post-47647

Topic starter
(@denisec)

Now this is just weird.  To get the topic id etc I turned the RSS Feed back on. For the topic this person is following the feed is this:
https://www.marxisthumanistinitiative.org/community/discussion-board/our-close-reading-of-chapter-1-of-pr-recordings-of-meetings?type=rss2&forum=4&topic=331
But when I look at the wpod_wpforo_subscribes table - I don't see that topic.  See screen shot of table attached.  

Since I cannot find the topic on the table, I thought well maybe it had something to do with Jetpack subscriptions.  We had turned that off a few months ago and deactivated jetpack.  When I reactivated it to see if I could see the subscription there, Jetpack is acting like its a whole new install.  Next I will investigate Jetpack in the database unless someone has some insight here.

Denise