6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 TGW
Topic starter
(@tgw)
Estimable Member

Hello,

I ducktaped and shoestringed my website together a few years ago, and am experiencing errors/slow speeds as a result of plugins being added, deleted, changing themes etc etc. I've got the following popup show up in red occasionally on the forum page:

Failed to load plugin: textcolor from url  https://the-great-work.org/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/textcolor/plugin.min.js 

And some other error showing up in the error log. And the forum randomly runs slow or hangs up a lot of the time, I've seen 400 and 500 series errors that pop up and disappear randomly.

I'm not attached to the site theme, I don't have any specific requests, I just want the forum running as fast as possible and without errors. I've even taken down advertisements, I just want the user experience to be perfect. Configure the whole installation to make sure the database / whatever is working perfectly with wpforo and related plugins. Willing to get rid of any other plugins, essentially make the website entirely geared around optimum forum performance while having some articles in the blog. Hosted on Siteground.

I spent a year learning web development only to conclude that asking for support and paying experts is worth it.

Can gVectors do an audit of the website and assist? Does gVectors know anyone who can?

5 Replies
1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @tgw

Hosted on Siteground.

I see "Hosted by Google LLC".

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

For some reason your site is unreachable. Nowhere to be found.

2 Replies
 TGW
(@tgw)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @dimalifragis

For some reason your site is unreachable. Nowhere to be found.

Yeah I've just changed the nameservers and CDN to using the host nameserver and no CDN. I'm stripping everything off deployment that isn't necessary for functioning.

It should be back up in a moment once everything propagates

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@tgw I guess you have checked the basics, debug.log etc etc?

Also i see no speed issues in your forums. They seem pretty fast.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @tgw,

I'm sorry, but we don't provide website audit service.

I think your issues come from some caching, optimizing, JS defer loading solutions.

Firs you should make sure there is no any enabled "JS file defer loading" option in your theme or in other optimizer/cache plugins and disable it.

Second, you should exclude wpForo forum page from all your cache solutions and plugins, here is the instruction: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

Third, you can create a copy of your website using WordPress Clone plugin and disable all plugins, switch the theme to a default theme and check it. If all works fine, activate back the disabled plugins and the theme one by one checking the issues after each activation, so you'll find the problem maker and the conflict point.