Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Problem with Registration Process. Email not working... and wrong!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@sam-0_0)

Hi.

When i register as a new member i receipt a email with information about recover password (not as new user) an a link that not work as a link. I need copy and paste to open the url. Also the link reveal my pasword and my user:

https://myweb.com/foro?foro=resetpassword&rp_key= Mypassword&rp_login=MyUser

This is too insecure. Whats happened? How i can resolve that?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @sam-0_0,

This is not wpForo issue. This is your email provider issue. Almost all email providers show URLs as links in email content automatically. I think you've configured your email settings to show plain text or it comes by default. In any case this cannot be fixed from wpForo side. If you check this email in other email providers you'll see that the link works fine.

Here are some related topics for you:

Topic starter
(@sam-0_0)

Thanks for your response Robert!

I will see the URLs you provide.

But... one thing i dont undertand:

Why when i registred as a new member i receipt a mail for Recovery Password?

*Sorry for my english 🙂

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@sam-0_0 ,

This is designed by WordPress, you can ask this question in WordPress forum. They say this is the easiest and safest way to register. wpForo user registration and authorization system is fully based on WordPress, all functions and actions are performed by WordPress. wpForo only provides a nice forms and pages for login and registration.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @sam-0_0

But... one thing i dont undertand:

Why when i registred as a new member i receipt a mail for Recovery Password?

This can't happen.

New users receive just a link to VERIFY their account.

New users do NOT receive a recovery password link. And even in Lost Password, NO password is send.