Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] In Threaded Layout, ALL Like Counts Stay at 0 Even With Previous Likes

7 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@curtisb)
Trusted Member

I just decided to switch my main forums (that have been running for a year or 2 now) from the Extended Layout to the Threaded Layout.

After switching to the Threaded Layout, and then updating and clearing out all of the "forum maintenance" options (caches, statistics etc on the wpForo Dashboard page), I am having an issue with the "thumbs up" counts — I wasn't having a problem with the counts in the Extended Layout before switching to Threaded.

• Now all of my current thumbs up" counts read "0" (zero), even if they had likes before.
  • And even weirder, if I go to a post without a like (one without it saying "xxx liked" or "You liked" underneath it, and click the thumbs up, THEN it changes to 1 next to the thumb icon. BUT, if if I then reload the page, then it goes back to the count of 0 for that post, but underneath the 0 count, it reads "You liked." So, the system is accepting the likes, it's just not displaying the count correctly.

I even tried logging in with multiple accounts and testing with a brand new topic, and the counts are still 0 after I reload the page.

I tried clearing all the caches (including my main website CDN one) and updating the statics etc. on the wpForo dashboard page again, but still no counts.

If I click on the thumbs button again the unlike it — one with a single like but showing a 0 count, then the count changes to -1 !??

If I then reload that page, it then goes to a 0 count again.

I also tried updating wpForo to 1.7 that just came this week to see if that helped, and the same problem exists. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

6 Replies
Topic starter
(@curtisb)
Trusted Member

And to share another screenshot, here's how it looks when I "unliked" a post, and it goes to -1 even though there is still someone that liked the same post as well.

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @curtisb,

It's hard to say what was changed in your database when you switched to the Threaded layout. So I have to ask you send admin login details to understand the problem. You can send it to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

4 Replies
(@curtisb)

Trusted Member

Hi @Martin,

Totally understand. Glad to hear then this isn't a known issue affecting a lot of people. Though, I certainly hope this is fixable in my unique case! 😉

I just sent in my credentials and link information via email to your support.

Thank you!

(@martin)

Support Team

Thank you @curtisb,

We'll check this within 12-24 hours, please don't change the login information. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@curtisb,

We found the problem. Now it's fixed. You have disabled wpForo cache. We just enabled it back and all counts start working. Now it works fine. We'll remove this cache dependence in next wpForo update so you can disable cache and see correct number of likes.

Also, we updated your forum to latest 1.7.0 version.

(@curtisb)

Trusted Member

@Robert,

Thank you soooo much! That totally made my day today!! 

I made the settings change on my live website as well, and everything seems to be working perfectly now with all the like counts.