Clear all

Likes behaving weird again

13 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@danniee)
Honorable Member

Dunno if it has anything to do with the latest update or if it's just my site. When I hit like, it removes all other likes and only displays "you liked". If I like a post with no likes, it doesn't say "you liked", it only displays the black thumbs up.

I always have to refresh the page for the likes to display correctly.

12 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @danniee,

We don't see such problem in our test websites. This could be either the WordPress cache issue or wpForo cache issue. If you're sure that wpForo pages are excluded from your cache solutions, then try to delete the reactions cache from file system. Use some file manager plugin or FTP connection and remove the red marked folder:

/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/cache/item/reaction

Then go to wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down and click [Delete All Caches]

Topic starter
(@danniee)
Honorable Member

Hm, I tried it but the problem persists. I do have excluded the forum from cache and didn't have this issue before from what I can remember. I did when I used the old them, but switching to the new theme it was fixed.

Dunno what happened.

Have excluded the forum from Cloudflare AND my Litespeed cache plugin.

/forum/
/community/
/participant/
/sign-up/
/sign-in/
/change-password/

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Please post your url so we can check. You have a long history of using caching plugins of all kind.

Maybe something has escaped from you.

1 Reply
(@danniee)

Honorable Member

@dimalifragis

Actually, in "Threaded" layout, likes work fine but not in "Simplified". Surely this confirms it's not necessarily my forum but maybe an issue (again) with the software.

It was the same thing last time I had an issue. Turned out other members had problems too with the simplified layout.

Topic starter
(@danniee)
Honorable Member

Did anyone had a chance to look at this? As pointed out, this seems to only be an issue in certain layouts like the "Simplified" version.

4 Replies
(@martin)

Support Team

Hi @danniee,

This is a site specific issue. In most cases, this could be a plugin conflict or server side issue. We should do a deep debug directly on your website or on a clone of your website. This is out of our community support. If you want to get a pro support, please follow this link: https://wpforo.com/pro-support/#plugin-support

(@danniee)

Honorable Member

@martin actually, I just tried the like function on this website and it behaves strangely here too. I liked one post in a thread and it says "liked by x". I clicked to like the next post and it doesn't say anything. Unliked and liked again and then it worked.

So it's not only just my site as suggested. Maybe a browser specific issue instead? I use Firefox.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@danniee ,

I just tested again, there is no such an issue here and there is no such an issue in all our tested websites either. This could be device/browsers/internet issue as well.

(@danniee)

Honorable Member

@robert hm, seems there is a browser issue since it's not only happening on my website. That's a good sign though. I'll try clearing browser cache or try Chrome. Thanks.

Page 1 / 2