Issue with Login and Register Links
Hello, first off, AWESOME plugin!
my url is : https://www.itdb.ws
Under the forum section I can not for the life of me get the login/registration links working.
I am on the NEWEST version of Wordpress. I also have all of my other plugins disabled.
I can't say what's the problem. Your server doesn't understand wpForo GET variables in URL. I'd recommend to use some Profile Plugin, like BuddyPress or Ultimate Member. these plugins come with own Login/register pages.
After installation and configuration some Profile plugin you'll got new login/register pages. Just navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page and put new page slugs to "Custom Authorization URLs" fields.
If you don't want to install Profile plugin you can put default WordPress login/register URLs in the same option fields.
- /wp-login.php (login)
- /wp-login.php?action=register (register)
Make sure you've enabled user registration in Dashboard > Settings > General admin page.
[bbp-register] is bbPress shortcode it doesn't have any relation to wpForo. wpForo login and register pages are here:
- example.com/community/?wpforo=signin (login)
- example.com/community/?wpforo=signup (register)
You can also use Profile plugins and put the login and register page slugs of these plugins in Forums > Settings > Members > Authorization URLs fields.
Sorry for the long delay, I using /%wpforo-register%/ when I use the tab does not show in the menu, if I remove it the tab shows but goes no where?
Did not work. In fact, here is what i am using:
wpForo Page Shortcodes
Started from version 1.0.0 you can use wpForo shortcodes. You can only use these shortcodes in Page contents:
- [wpforo] - Loads forum index. You should also set page slug in Forums > Settings > General admin page as Forum Base URL
- [wpforo item="forum" id="2"] - Loads forum with ID = 2. On this page you can see all subForums and Topics of the ID=2 Forum.
- [wpforo item="topic" id="10"] - Loads topic with . On this page you can see all posts (with pagination) of the ID=10 Topic.
- [wpforo item="profile" id="25"] - Loads ID=25 user profile page.
wpForo Menu Shortcodes
You can use “Custom Links” menu type and these shortcode-urls in URL field:
- Forum Home: /%wpforo-home%/
- Members: /%wpforo-members%/
- My Profile: /%wpforo-profile-home%/
- Activity: /%wpforo-profile-activity%/
- Account: /%wpforo-profile-account%/
- Subscriptions: /%wpforo-profile-subscriptions%/
- Register: /%wpforo-register%/
- Login: /%wpforo-login%/
- Logout: /%wpforo-logout%/
I'm sorry but I didn't follow you. wpForo menus are already in wpForo Navigation menu set. So you don't need to add it. Also I didn't see what do you mean saying "tab".