Clear all

[Solved] Likes/ Reactions Slowing Down Load Time

64 Posts
2 Users
19 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Is there als some way I can turn off pot until this is fixed? People keep liking posts and it continues to slow down my site. It would be good to turn them off for a few days 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Also @robert and im sorry to keep throwing more things in here, but there are other issues with the likes. 

For some reason it is showing that my users have liked posts three times? I thought it was just me on my account but it seems as if it is site wide:

You see in the attached pic it says liked by "you, im sparky and imsparky" This was sent in by the member im sparky, so it essentially shows the post has been liked 3 times by the same person which of course is not possible 

Please advise

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Try to remove the like and like it again by clicking the same like button.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Yes that works, but is there a way to fix it site wide?

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

@robert it takes along time for each like ot go through aswell, is there anyway i can speed thatup? It takes atleast 10 seconds after clicking the thumb for it to show the post has been liked 

3 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

and the likes are still adding 0/6 seconds on the load time of the next page 🙁 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Each page should be loaded at least one time to be cached (per usergroup). I've already mentioned this  two times.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

This is something that cannot be cached. This is an action, and it directly interacts with the database. So the speed is depends on the database speed (inserting a new row in 2m table). There is no way to speedup it from wpForo. You can try to back up the reaction table and change it from InnoDB to MyISAM or vice versa if it's already MyISAM.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @robert

Each page should be loaded at least one time to be cached (per usergroup). I've already mentioned this  two times.

SO there is nothing i can do on the initial load time? It is always going to be the case that on the first load after many likes I will suffer with a long page load time? 

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

There is no "after" or "before". Just one time per topic page.

And as I've mentioned, we'll add the likes caching button in dashboard to click and build all  reaction caches, so the all topics will already have caches on the first visit as well.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Would you be able to log into my site and ill make your account admin so you will be able to see the problems im talking about on the query checker?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

What issue do you mean?

Yes, I can take a look on the queries of the Query Monitor plugin. You can send the admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert You guys already have an account under than email address

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Sent info for log in to that address, thanks in advance for your help!

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @robert

What issue do you mean?

It seems as if you're not getting what i mean when it comes to the like problem,, so it would be good for you to see it for yourself so you can understand what i mean more. It will make more sense if you could see it rather than me trying to explain it. 

It doesn't happen just when im visiting a thread, it happens on the front page. Anytime there is a series of likes, my site will be slowed down by 0.6 seconds for each like. If there are tne likes by any members, the next time you load any page, the site will take 6 seconds longer then it should to load. This would be on the thread or on the front end. 

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

The issue on the forum home page comes from wpForo Cross-Posting addon. It can be fixed from wpForo core as well. We'll do that.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Awesome thanks for your help Robert!"

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

It's updated in your website. You should already see the result.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Excellent, I can already see there is a massive difference mate! Thank you very much for speeding all that time to fix it, I massively appreciate it!

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Man, its so much better thanks again for sorting it out bro!!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

That's great news!

Page 4 / 4