[Closed] Login loop issues

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

Hi there.

We're using UM to handle membership and logins, and WP Foro for the forum side of things. We sometimes have issues where it gets into a bit of a login loop. I had the below from the client:

"I can logout then log back in and WP thinks things are OK (I can add users etc) but if I try to access the forum on the site it says you must be logged in and also says I am logged in as myself. Logging out via the link in that screen or via the main link doesn’t reset that mess. I can’t get back to a state where I can access the forum."

Similarly, if a user gets an email notification that they've been mentioned and they click that link, it tells them they're signed in, but also says they need to log in to see the forum.

It gets resolved when looking in a different browser so it seems to be a cookies issue, but I wouldn't know which ones to exclude from caching to solve it. Any ideas?

If it helps, there is also a plugin on there to log people out after a certain length of time (currently 2hrs).

If it helps, the pages currently excluded from caching are:

path: ^/account/?
path: ^/login/?
path: ^/register/?
path: ^/profile/?
path: ^/password-reset/?
path: ^/

Is there anything else we should be excluding to end the sign in loop?

Cheers,
Nick

3 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Just disable the caching plugin, clean your browser and try again.

Topic starter
(@themegroup)
Trusted Member

There isn't a caching plugin, it's done at the server level (and now they've disabled ALL caching it's working).

But my query is whether there's any further pages that need excluding from the cache on top of those listed above that would resolve this issue without needing to stop caching every page on the site (there are non-forum pages on there too).

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member