Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Missing Facebook login button

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dniezby)

I know this is an old topic but it's a problem that seems to still exist. 

I have everything set up correctly, (it's pretty simple actually) and enabled facebook login, however, there is no facebook login button on website OR mobile. This forum even has the problem. ( see attachment ) If you go to register or login here - no facebook button.

Do we have any updates on this issue? 

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is a device and browser specific issue. The Facebook Login button exists and it works fine. Make sure you don't use private session of browsers. Also make sure the cookies are not disabled. This is also can be internet provider issue. in any case this problem doesn't have direct relation to wpForo for sure.

vinjnr007
(@vinjnr007)
Eminent Member

I just recently setup my login via facebook and am have the same issue be only on mobile. I tested it on 9 mobile units and 4 different web browsers. The results is as mentioned about with @dniezby.

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@vinjnr007

Please try this small CSS code. Put it in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code Textarea. Save it delete all caches, do Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end. Then test it on other mobile devices. Because mobile browsers have a hard cache, you'll not be able to see the change immediately.

.fb_iframe_widget iframe {
position: relative!important;
} #wpforo #wpforo-wrap .fb_iframe_widget, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap .fb_iframe_widget span {
width: auto;
}

Also, please don't use Private Session of mobile browsers. Facebook doesn't allow use Login Button on private sessions, it doesn't allow use Cookies so make sure you use regular (default) mode of mobile browser.

vinjnr007
(@vinjnr007)

Eminent Member

@robert

Thank you. After implementing your suggestion, It's now working perfectly.

(@jthomasfitch)

@robert I'm having the same problem do I need to just add that line of code or do I need to delete whats already in the box and replace with what you shared?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jthomasfitch,

Just add the code don't delete anything. The new CSS codes should be added below the old ones.

(@jthomasfitch)

@robert Thank you that did the trick. I just wish I could get rid of the url can't find domain error when trying to share individual post now.

st7878
(@aima-forum)

Estimable Member

@robert i had the same problem. I solved it thanks to https://wpforo.com/community/postid/42344/
But, why don't you embed this code in the wpforo ready plugin? Not all users of the wpForo plugin know that this button is not always displayed, and that it needs to be improved.