Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Moderator adding Secondary Usergroups

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ananimelover)
Eminent Member

I've setup a Game Master user group which is tied to a moderator user role. They have access to user profiles on the backend and they can select the secondary usergroups I've set up. However, when they click on Update User, nothing changes.

Am I missing something?

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ananimelover,

Please provide screenshots of the issue and your Forum URL.

5 Replies
(@ananimelover)

Eminent Member

@chris in the following screenshot a moderator tries to give a user the Grandmaster role. They select the role and press Update User. Yet after the refresh, the User's roles are as they were before, no Grandmaster. 

How do I give my moderators the ability to add and remove secondary user roles?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ananimelover,

Moderators by Default don't have permissions for Editing a User in WordPress Profile Page,

But Even If you enable all the options for Moderator in Usergroup Page, the moderators won't be able to manage Profiles in WordPress Profile page.

What Usergroup and User Role is set for Moderators?

Is wpForo Usergroups Synched with WordPress User Roles?

(@ananimelover)

Eminent Member

@chris Game Master's have the Game Master usergroup which are synched with the Game Master User role for wordpress. I don't understand why all this linking is required anyway? It's only one step and you can't adequately link multiple roles to groups or groups to roles. It all seems like a bungled up mess of permissions.

Why can't admins just select from a list of permissions what they allow for each usergroup, without the need of "syncing" and other roundabout ways which only create conflict?

Anyway, I've already tried giving this wordpress user role ALL permissions, e.g. making them administrator, and it still doesn't work.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@ananimelover,

1. If the Usergroups are not synchronized, The User can be admin in WordPress but registered in wpForo Forum. 

2. You can only synchronize, one Usergroup to one User Role.

3. You can disable Usergroup synchronization from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab > Role-Usergroup Synchronization option.

5. You can also set your User's Secondary Usergroup from Frontend > Profile > Account.

What wpForo version are you using?

(@ananimelover)

Eminent Member

@chris I'm using the latest one. Sorry for the late reply, I've come down with corona. 

I'll try some different combinations of synchronizing and not-synchronizing user roles.