17 Posts
2 Users
5 Reactions
13.8 K Views
Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Ok, so they can't find anything wrong. I've also deactivated Akismet and the issue continues. I now have zero spam control plugins installed and wpForo still thinks almost every post is spam, even from trusted users that have been proving themselves for 8 years and thousands of posts....

https://cl.ly/0e2P1T2q3p2P

Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

The only thing that stops having to moderate 90% of new posts is turning off ALL spam protection.

To test, I deactivated and completely deleted Akismet. I turned off wpForo spam detection. Then waited. All posts went through without any moderation by me. That's great, but now I have no spam protection.

I then turned on wpForo spam protection with suspicion levels both set to 0. Suddenly I had to moderate almost everything again. There are no other spam protections installed at this time.

Now what do I do?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Wendell,

about 6-10 hours ago guys from our gVectors support team investigated your website and did some changes in configuration. Please let me know if you still getting all posts unapproved?

Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Thanks Robert.

I just had to moderate 3 posts from very long time members with lots of posts, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe everyone needs to be re-validated one more time? I don't know. I've written down those usernames to see if future posts from them will require moderation.

Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Ok, so it's still a problem. I've had to moderate about 40 posts so far today, and only one of them was a newly registered user. Something's definitely wrong and I have no idea what else I can possibly do.

Page 2 / 4