Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Page inherited from main forum page = 404 error

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@srtalop)
Estimable Member

Hello team, I have created the forum rules in an independent page to the main forum page. 

Trying to make the look & feel uniform, I thought I could change the forum rules page attributes to have the forum page as a superior page, however, doing this, I get an 404 error every time I try to access or find the forum rules page. When I go back to changing the attributes to no superior page, it works again.

I am not sure if this is strictly related to your plugin but, what I am looking for is a way to show the page for the rules inside the forum design.

Many thanks in advance.

Topic Tags
10 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi  srtalop,

Have you enabled "Turn WordPress to wpForo" option?

If so, do you know this option disables all WordPress pages on front-end? Have you added these pages in the according textarea (Dashboard > Forums > General) to enable?

2 Replies
(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

Hi Sofy, I have not turned that on as my intention is not to create an only forum site but to have normal pages as well. So should I understand there is no way to "indent" a page alone inside the forum?

Thanks a lot.

(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

any ideas please?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi srtalop,

Please leave your forum URL to allow us to check it. 

1 Reply
(@srtalop)

Estimable Member
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Your forum rules page URL is this:

http://www.barriosalvadormadrid.com/foro/?wpforo=page&view=rules

This is not a regular page, this is page content can be managed in Dashboard > Tools > Privacy & Rules admin page. The "Checkbox: I Accept Forum Rules" checkbox should be enabled to see this page content.

This checkbox adds the Forum Rule section on Registration page. When you click on the link it opens below the checkbox and close back when you click it again.

1 Reply
(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

great thanks. any idea on how to translate the default terms and conditions lines (attached) below the registration form?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@srtalop,

You just need to read the description under that option.

Also please note, that not only the checkbox label, all other front-end phrases can be changed or translated in wpForo Phrase system (Dashboard > Forums > Phrases).

Page 1 / 2