Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Persistent object cache plugin not in use

14 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Hi guys, i have a query monitor on my site, and it often says this on the forum front end:

"Persistent object cache plugin not in use"

How can i fix this?

13 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @percysgrowroom,

please provide a screenshot.

5 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

Read what's written under that, and you understand why you get that note.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris wow, MayBe I cAnT REad?? Or maYbE I hAvE ReAD hEre MaNY TimEs NoT To Use Cache PlUg Ins? 

Which one is it? Do i need to download and use this memcache plug in with wpforo? or does wpforo have its own cache? 

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

wpForo has its own cache, and does not need another one, and that message does not say that wpForo needs Memcached plugin. This is not related to wpForo, it's about your website.

I'm not familiar to that plugins, to give you a recommendation, only a list if that would be helpful: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/memcached/

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris I have looked at the list already, im not sure which one would work best and not effect wpforo, ill look into it

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I use wp fastest cache pro

There are many cache lug ins that dont work well with wpforo, as you have to exclude the page, or the forum software from them and they dont all have the ability. I have looked into the plug ins on that list and none are really compatible with wpforo..... so what do I do now? 

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom,

I guess your hosting can know what to do in that case.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris Well my host would say download any cache plug in, because they would all work well...... but then they will have an effect on wpforo...... so what would you recommend?

I can use any cache plug in i like if i wasn't using wpforo mate! 

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@chris And when is 2.0 coming ffs!! been led along for nine months now, is it coming this year or not?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

I think you'll be able to download and test the beta version by the end of this month. About 90% of work is already done.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Thanks Robert! Sorry for my sharp tone, but its been a long time now. We were told it should be done around christmas new year time 2021 and we are still waiting. I am sorry but I am running out of patience at this point. I hope it comes soon and appreciate the work you guys are putting in. But it has been ages!

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Not sure what this topic is about. Not for wpForo apparently.

You can use ANY PLUGIN CACHING YOU WANT, if you exclude wpFor page from it.

All the rest is not related to wpForo but with Wordpress hosting. We have talked so many times about it, hundreds of times. Million of times.