Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Activating new members after they register

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@morf13)

Hi I am having an issue. When new members register at my site, I have it set up that they have to verify their email as well. When I go in and see who registered, I see that the new registrant is already classified as a REGISTERED USER and they can post etc. I want to make it so that I manually must approve them before they can post anything on the forum in order to minimize spam as opposed to them being registered users with posting capability as soon as they register. Can you help me with those steps to lock down new users until I activate them? Thanks

6 Replies
(@vhuecker)

I have the same problem. Is there any feedback?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @morf13,

You can set email verification for the new registered users, so they would need to verify their email before logging in to the website.

To do that, go to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab and enable "Enable User Registration email confirmation" option.

And second, go to Dashboard > Forums > Tools, and check Antispam Tab options.

Also check this FAQ Topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

2 Replies
(@vhuecker)

@chris Hi Chris, thank you for you prompt reply!

I should say that both settings were active from the beginning. We get tens of new spam users every day nevertheless...  😑 

(@vhuecker)

@chris I installed the "WP Approve User" and try to use this plugin to get the registration more under control

(@vhuecker)
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@vhuecker,

Did that plugin help you with registration control?