wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Private forum

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
 ruby
Topic starter
(@ruby)

Hi

Just set up a forum and think I've got my head around the user groups and permissions but when I log out entirely I can still read posts. I want the forum to be completely private unless you're logged in as a member.

Also I'd like to be able to customise the login/register page. Any tips please?

8 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @ruby,

Just set up a forum and think I've got my head around the user groups and permissions but when I log out entirely I can still read posts. I want the forum to be completely private unless you're logged in as a member.

Please read this article on how to Setup a Private Forum Using wpForo:

https://gvectors.com/how-to-set-up-private-forum/

Also I'd like to be able to customise the login/register page. Any tips please?

There are two ways to do that.

1. If you already have pages with custom login/registration form provided by BuddyPress or other profile plugins you can insert those pages URLs in according authorization fields of Forums > Settings > Members admin page. This replaces wpForo login/registration pages with the custom pages.

2. Purchase the wpForo Users Custom Fields addon and customize User registration fields, Account fields, Profile fields and Member Search fields based on your created custom user fields: https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-user-custom-fields/

ruby
Topic starter
(@ruby)

Thank you- this is very helpful

1 Reply
 ruby
(@ruby)

This hasn't worked. Still getting 'recent posts' tab on the forum homepage and it just takes me to them

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @ruby,

Make sure you don't have a cache plugin active for forum page. You should exclude forum page from all cache solutions you have. Your cache plugins or hosting service cache may cache admin view and show it to guest. This is the problem point so you should exclude forum page from cache systems.

2 Replies
 ruby
(@ruby)

Thank you

ruby
(@ruby)

Done this but still no joy

ruby
Topic starter
(@ruby)

I also need to be able to approve new members, but can't find any documentation for this

Page 1 / 2