Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Private Forums Topics

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@oscarmiro)

I im currently running a minecraft server, and using WordPress for the forums. I'm obiously using WPForo and while setting everything up, I got stucked in a thing.

In a few forums (All under the same category) I want to make it so players can only see their own posts (Exept posts with the Sticky thing). I researched about it and found nothing.  So does any of you know any way to do it, or any add-on?

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Only private topics have such behavior. If a user create a private topic that topic is only available for that user (owner) and for admins/moderators. You should ask all users to create private topics to get such result.

Here is a similar case and solution to force creating a private topic:  https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/set-all-topics-to-private-by-default/

Topic starter
(@oscarmiro)

Thanks for the answer, but I only want the automatic private option in certain forums, all under the same category. So isn't there a separate plugin, or any add-on on this that could make what I'm looking for?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm really sorry but there is no such solution. I'll add this in our to-do list for future releases. We'll add an option to set all topics of a certain forum private automatically.

2 Replies
(@camilla)

@robert Hi! Has this option been added?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@camilla,

For some reason this option was set low priority in the out to-do list. We have more than a hundred things to do with this plugin. I'll move it up in top 10 for upcoming versions.

Topic starter
(@oscarmiro)

Is there any unofficial add-ons, or a page collecting all the unofficial add-ons to see if any could work?