Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problem with avatars!

10 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Caleb Ellis
Topic starter
(@caleb-ellis)
Eminent Member

I have an issue with my forum. In the photo I attached, you can see my account on my forum. The large fox avatar is the one I use in the forum, and the smaller one in the 'my profile' sidebar is the one I use as my Wordpress avatar to post articles. Why are they mixing? I need the 'my profile' sidebar one to be the forum avatar of the fox. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

9 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @caleb-ellis,

It seems there is a cache issue.

Please follow the steps below: 

1. Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on the [Delete all caches] and [ Delete User Cache] button.

2. If you have a cache plugin installed exclude the wpForo forum page from your cache plugin. Here is good information about that:   https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

3. Delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend and check again.

8 Replies
Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@alvina I followed your instructions but it is still not working! (I don't have a cache plugin, only Bluehost's cache options. I attached a photo of those options.) I have it on 'Assets Only' because the forum will update often, but if you think the settings should be different, that's fine

Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@alvina Yeah, I've gone through everything and I can't fix it! Here is the link to my site: https://lightuntodarkness.com/

Alvina
(@alvina)

@caleb-ellis,

Please let us know does this happening for all users?

If yes please register some new testing user and leave the user's login details here to allow us to check it. 
I've set the topic private, so the login details can be left without any worries.

Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@alvina

Username: Test Guy

Password: 123456

Email: joshua_ellis@lightuntodarkness.com (This email is currently not used)

Forum | Light Unto Darkness

I added a link to a generic fox photo for the test user's profile pic, but it is not appearing. You can take a look. Thanks!

Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@alvina If you go to the user's profile page, the pic is there, but not on the side bar.

Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@alvina Any word on how it's going?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@caleb-ellis,

This is a plugin conflict for sure. Please deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation. We may suggest you at first deactivate the cache and the Smush plugins. 

Caleb Ellis
(@caleb-ellis)

Eminent Member

@sofy I'll check it out. Thanks!