Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Qucik insert nicename in a message?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@stan1z)
Trusted Member

Hello,

With wpForo's mention feature it is useful to insert the @nicename in message textarea with one click. I saw it on some other forums and had it in my previous forum engine.  For example, click on the name of the author of some message inserts his nicename into message area. But I can't find this simple option in wpForo. In message list in topic author's login is linked to profile, @nicename is not linked at all...

If this option is abcent, do wpForo has a function in its Javascript files which can insert text into message area? If so, I suppose I can modify template and make @nicename under author's login be linked, the code can be something like that:

<a class="quoting_name" onclick="return insert_text('@admin')" href="#reg_message">

3 Replies
1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @stan1z,

Once people click on reply button it automatically adds the @nickname to the reply content, so the topic author is being mentioned in the post content. The same is with wpForo quote feature. Please watch the video below:

https://www.screencast.com/t/luu30i3un

Topic starter
(@stan1z)
Trusted Member

Ah! Shame on me 🙂 Thanks again.

Topic starter
(@stan1z)
Trusted Member

Hm, but "Reply" button replaces all text in message area. It may be not good when user needs to mention a few people or add nicename to some text.