Clear all

[Solved] Receiving a Topic Reply Email

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@forumspxy)

Hello,
This is my first time using this place. I hope it's the right place.
I use a different method to register users. Users register with a special script. He/she has the role of customer. No problem so far.
The problem is that users do not receive any emails.

For example, "Subscriptions and Mentions": "Enable User Mentions": If this option is enabled, users will receive email notifications when someone uses the user's @nickname in posts.

This is checked but the user will not receive email notifications.
Another example post reply. For example, user A created a topic and user B wrote a reply to that topic. User A also subscribes to this topic but still does not receive an email.

I don't know why this could be. E-mail works normally. There is no problem. For example, admin receives all kinds of emails.
Additionally I enabled debugging. There are no errors.

I guess the email is not triggered at all for users. Is there a different setting?

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

Please check point mentioned in this support topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/not-receiving-automatic-replynotificationconfirmation-emails/#post-5344

1 Reply
(@forumspxy)

@sofy Thank you for answer.
I have already tested all of these. I'm wondering if there is a setting that allows or prevents the user from receiving e-mail? The is_email_confirmed value appears as "null" (also is_mention_muted: nul)  on the Wp-Admin >Wpforo >(Tools) page=wpforo-tools page. However, for example, the person who opened the topic is already subscribed to the relevant topic.

Updated:
I noticed something new. The problem is in assigning users. I assigned the role "Customer" as a secondary role to a user with role XYZ. If a user with this role writes something in the topic of a user whose primary role is "Customer", for example, he/she will not receive a "Customer" email notification.
The opposite is also true.

Topic starter
(@forumspxy)

Problem is solved.

Thank you. Maybe it helps someone else.

The problem is that the posts are subject to admin approval. E-mail will not be sent even after admin approves it. In order for the e-mail to be delivered, the post must be approved when sent. So there should be no control.

The following question helped me: Link

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that the issue is solved.