Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Recent posts, how show complete forum name?

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@savethehuman5)
Eminent Member

I cant find the way to show the complete forum name n recent post list.
Example:

FORUM:  SOFTWARE FORUM 1 >  TROUBLESHOT 
FORUM:  SOFTWARE FORUM 2 >  TROUBLESHOT 

When some post of this forums, appear on recent posts,  all are listed as TROUBLESHOT and reader not have idea  if is a trouble shot of software 1 forum or software 2.

How can show recent post in this way?

SOME POST TITILE             SOFTWARE FORUM 1  -  TROUBLESHOT 
ANOTHER POST TITILE        ANOTHER SOFTWARE FORUM 2  -  TROUBLESHOT 

Right now is listed in this way:

SOME POST TITILE              TROUBLESHOT 
ANOTHER POST TITILE        TROUBLESHOT 

I appreciate some instructins, cant find the way to show that very important info in the recent post.

Finally, wpforo need a more smart way to show recent posts.
The current way really is a little useless, if forum have a higher activity on some specific area,  that activity populate the whole recent post area, hiding some recent posts can be useful for other forums participants who participate or have a point of interested in another less popular area.
Maybe a simple filter of interest can work in order you can list recent post filtering.

10 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @savethehuman5,

wpForo's Recent posts widget shows the topic title and the post which has been posted in the topic.

This is how wpForo Recent Posts widget works, if you are a Developer or have a Developer we can give you wpForo widget class name for customizing the widget, or you can contact gVectors Custom Work team with sales[at]gvectors.com, they can make that customization.

Topic starter
(@savethehuman5)
Eminent Member

If I want code my own forum I do for sure, I use wpforo duet is a solution ready to use and for same reason pay for some addons etc.
The recent post section is really useless in major part of cases, only work if your whole forum is dedicated to a single topic to discuss......
I have no other option than disable until some day the wpforo team decide fix this mess.

Topic starter
(@savethehuman5)
Eminent Member

For sure, I suggest invest more time in wpforo,  otherwise is just about of time users like me just abandon your software and migrate to a better solutions.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @savethehuman5

For sure, I suggest invest more time in wpforo,  otherwise is just about of time users like me just abandon your software and migrate to a better solutions.

Better Solution like what?

Topic starter
(@savethehuman5)
Eminent Member

Really sorry but I not be part of recommend third party software in the house of wpforo, is not ethical.
please apologize, also when I stay extreme upset for the bad how is implemented recent post, I no come here to suggest alternatives, what for sure exist.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@savethehuman5 I don't look for suggestions with my reply.

The point is one other forum plugin i like, behaves the very same as wpForo concerning the widgets feature you ask.

Page 1 / 2