[Solved] Recent Topics Not Visible to Guests

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
OMTesla
Topic starter
(@omtesla)

Hello

After almost a year same problem, nothing changed much, only upgraded to last wpForo plus renewed some addons.

Here is what I mean this Topic now I have same issue.

Thanks for help.

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @omtesla,

wpForo doesn't have issues with Forum Accesses, Usergroups and Forum Permissions. The problem you face should be because of how you managed the Category and Forum Accesses for Guest Users.

I see that you have several sub forums in sub forums.

Can you create a new Category, 1 Forum in the Category, and 1 Topic with 1 reply. Set x access for Guest users in the Category and Forum “Forum Permissions” field and make sure that the access has below CAN's:

• Can view forum
  • Can enter forum
  • Can view topic
  • Can enter topic
  • Can view replies
3 Replies
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

@chris 

Yes, I have tested as previous topic but still was same, when it happened the first time, the recent began displayng without me doing anything.

What else I should try?

Can this be related that i set per each forum that Guest have no access?

If that is the case then the message should say "login/register to view content" not 'nothing was found" message.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@omtesla,

You should make sure that you give the Guest users availability to enter the Forums and Sub Forums. If you give the Guest's User No access, the user won't be able to see anything in that Forum or won't see the Forum.

OMTesla
(@omtesla)

@chris 

I know that he will not see Forum, Topics etc.

My question was related if it can affect Recent replyes to displaying for Guests.

Anyway i went and edited Recent,php to increase from 30 days to 720 days to show old content, it begin to show some old replyes to guest but there is something wrong, first page show 4 results second page 3 results, third page nothing found, 4th page one result, did not check further.

I wonder why it is like this, why it does not show one full page and next full page?

You can go test and see for yourself, I even have made some forums public to Guests then reset cache but still nothing is shown from them in Recent page.

OMTesla
Topic starter
(@omtesla)

Ok

I have understand what is the issue and the logic behind all this stuff.

It is related with Accesses and per each Forum Accesses how are set, will do the required tuning in settings and choose what to show and what to not show, for me is most important to make in such a way so the Guests don't access topics to see the replies but keep Recents viewable and i got how to make that.

We can close and solve this case, thank you for help.