Clear all

[Closed] Users, usergroups and synchronisation

26 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@citronks)

Hi, thanks for this great plugin.

I have a problem with usergroups. I read all the docs I could, forum topics... My sync parameters are correctly set.

But...

I have a multiple usergroups which I can't seem to make it work. Lets take an example : a usergroup "Nomade" with 14 people in the down table of the Usergroup page. But in the list above, the sync is active but it shows 0 members...

I use the plugin Members to set users roles.

I work with a subscription plugin, so each new member should correspond to a role, then to a usergroup (like Nomade) and it just won't.

Thanks for your help.

Ariane

Topic Tags
25 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

Not related to your question but since your forum is new and almost empty, you should consider to change the base forum url. Right now it is way too long. For example:

https://lescrawquantes.fr/le-forum-de-la-tribu/fonctionnement-forum/comment-utiliser-le-forum/

I would suggest to change the "/le-forum-de-la-tribu/" to something like "forum" or "community".

Long urls are not well indexed by google and usually show truncated.

Just some advice.

1 Reply
(@citronks)

@dimalifragis Thanks.

Do you know someone who can help me on this matter ? 🙂

(@zellerbray)
Eminent Member
Hi, after installing the current version of wpForo, all the links (login, register, members etc are not working. They redirect back to the home page. I've followed all the suggestions on the wpForo community & the documentation, non is working.

Please help 
Topic starter
(@citronks)

Hi,

It's been 2 days since I wrote, and had no help. I paid 3 plugins for my forum, it's due to open next tuesday and I have no time to manually add all my subscribers into the right group...

Thank you for your help in advance.

7 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Hi @citronks,

Please provide admin access to your website, send the credentials to info[at]gvectors.com, mention this topic in the email and let me know here that the email is sent.

Thanks

(@citronks)

@chris Email sent, thanks for offering your help.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@citronks,

Please first fix your website, a bunch of problems we can't even normally log in.

Make sure your website works then come back to us.

(@citronks)

@chris Okay ???

I really don't know what you are referring to, my website is working, I have no complaints from my users. What are you talking about ?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@citronks,

You have problems with the login forms. There are two form or something like that, not sure after first login we need to log in again from the top right menu login link, but that doesn't work normally.

(@citronks)

@chris Ok, thank you. We will check this.

I think I found what wasn't working : wpForo doesn't handle multiple wp roles for the same user. So, one role was primary (customer), and the other wp subscriber role wasn't synchronising.

I removed the customer role for those users, synchronised, the users appears in the right group.

I set up an automation for new subscribers to remove the customer role when they become subscribers.

Right now, I don't know if this will be enough to have it work automatically, I will wait for a new user so subscribe...

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@citronks,

Ok let us know if any help needed

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

@citronks

REMOVE THIS from wpFORO

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

!-- This website is like a Rocket, isn't it? Performance optimized by WP Rocket. Learn more:  https://wp-rocket.me  -->
5 Replies
(@citronks)

@dimalifragis Thanks, already done.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @citronks

@dimalifragis Thanks, already done.

Nope. you didn't. Why don't you check yourself the html page source within your browser. Look at the end, the comment.

(@citronks)

@dimalifragis This is in the parameters.

But I don't see how it can help my problem.
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @citronks

@dimalifragis This is in the parameters.

But I don't see how it can help my problem.

You ask for help, i spend some time to check your site and help you out, i posted the FAQ link from this site against caching plugins, and the result is your reply?

Anyways, good luck with your site.

(@citronks)

@dimalifragis I thanked you multiple times, and I repeat it 🙂

I already parametered the thing, so I don't see what can I do more. I'm not a developer, I'm just the admin of the website, so maybe there is something wrong and I can't see it.

I just frankly don't know how is it related, as I erase the cache very frequently and it doesn't help with the members problem.

I don't understand your unfriendly answer.

Page 1 / 2