Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Forums not showing up, roles not syncing

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@mikesafh)

Trying to set up forums on my WP site (above). This WordPress site is mainly powered by CiviCRM, which is what controls the roles each member has. These get sync'd to WordPress via the CiviCRM WordPress Member Sync plugin. I'm noticing that even after mapping WP roles to usergroups, they aren't syncing, even after pressing the 'sync now' button in the Overview page.

This may be why non-admin users (or, ironically, anyone logged in, as folks who don't log in can see the forums but correctly can't do anything else unless they log in) can't see anything related to the forums (the main page is the category, I have three forums underneath). Even when I manually change one user over to a role that should have access based on the other screens, all I get is the category and errors about not having permissions if I go directly to a URL. Note that this actually started working for one user without me knowingly doing anything, other than fiddling with the forum permissions to change the particular user group to be Standard access vs. a new one called Sellers (attempting to require folks to join at a certain tier to be able to add a topic).

WordPress 6.1.1, PHP 8.0, if that matters.

I do have debug logging enabled. Not sure where the debug logs are actually being written to, though.

Gotta be something stupid I'm doing, but after reading the docs and FAQs, I can't figure out what. Any pointers?

Thanks.

Michael

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi, the debug log is in wp-content/debug.log

1 Reply
(@mikesafh)

@dimalifragis Thanks, I knew about that, but it's not actually being written to. Guessing you have to enable debugging on WordPress as well as this plugin to see this plugin's debug log. Although enabling WP debugging doesn't haven't any impact either.

Topic starter
(@mikesafh)

Update: using the 'synchronize' button in the wpForo Usergroups page actually worked this time. Curious to see if this'll do the right thing with new users. Also, deleting caches from the wpForo main page also solved the issue of forums not showing up for people. Seems like the cache may be not caching what it should or noticing when it should refresh?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mikesafh,

wpForo Cache works very good, Test your website and if you still get cache issues let us know.

Please check the below FAQ Topic if you have a cache plugin:
https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150