Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Subforum title appears under topics instead of above

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@kthoven)

I have created a forum category with a single forum inside it then a subforum inside that, so 3 levels in total. When I click on the subforum title, the subforum appears with the title below all the topics but not above the topics. I would like to have it above the topics (just below the breadcrumb) as it is with forums at 1 level down from categories. I'm not sure if this is the way it should be or if it's a bug.

Either way, would anyone be able to help out? I'm wondering if there might be a CSS fix for this.

Thank you!

8 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @kthoven,

When I click on the subforum title, the subforum appears with the title below all the topics but not above the topics.

Please provide a screenshot.

Also please leave your forum URL to allow us to check it.

Topic starter
(@kthoven)

Screenshot is attached.

https://staging.filmmusicnotes.com/forums/jw-action/

Credentials for website and forum (you will have to sign in for each):

Username: access

Password: manchua

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@kthoven,

Please try the following CSS code: 

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-content {
display: flex;
flex-direction: column-reverse;
}

The CSS code should be added in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page "Custom CSS Code" textarea.

In any case please don't forget to delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

Topic starter
(@kthoven)

Thanks, @alvina. That works on that one page, but it reverses the columns on every other page, which now all appear in upside-down order.

Is there a way to isolate the code to just subforums? That's where the issue is occurring.

4 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@kthoven,

We just checked on your website, and everything works as expected.

but it reverses the columns on every other page, which now all appear in upside-down order.

Please provide in a screenshot of what exactly appears in upside-down order.

(@kthoven)

@alvina Yes, that's because I changed it to create a workaround where a sub-forum was not used. I was wondering in general how one would limit code to a single page in wpforo.

I put it back to the sub-forum layout now, so you should see how the page I linked in the OP is correct but all other pages on the entire forum are upside-down. Please see attached screenshot.

Is it possible to isolate the code to the single page I linked to above, and if so, how?

Many thanks!

(@kthoven)

@alvina Actually, what I'm really interested in is code that would make things correct on all sub-forum pages only. That's where the issue arises as I have tried it with other sub-forums on this site.

Alvina
(@alvina)

@kthoven,

Is it possible to isolate the code to the single page I linked to above, and if so, how?
We are really sorry but there is no way to make that work only for a single page.