[Solved] Under Construction

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member

Hi,

is there any way to edit the message that is displayed when the forum is placed into “under construction” mode?

I would rather have had this feature been just a simple offline option, with an "offline for maintenance message". At the very least, to be admin configurable to tailor the message output.

3 Replies
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @cmw14

Hi,

is there any way to edit the message that is displayed when the forum is placed into “under construction” mode?

I would rather have had this feature been just a simple offline option, with an "offline for maintenance message". At the very least, to be admin configurable to tailor the message output.

You can change any front-end phrase in wpForo.

1. Go to wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down and click the [Rebuild Phrases] button, it may take up to one minute.

2. Go to wpForo > Phrases admin page and search for the "Forum Board is Under Construction" phrase. Edit it and replace to any phrase.

3. if you don't find the phrase you should click the [Add new] button, insert the same phrase as the phrase key and the changed phrase as the value.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@cmw14,

The board is offline and the Forum Board is Under Construction, have different meaning and so the Under Construction option is for saying that the Board is not available now but would be available at the feature.

The Board is Offline would change the whole meaning of why the Board is not available.

Topic starter
(@cmw14)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @robert

You can change any front-end phrase in wpForo.

Many thanks for your help Robert, that's enabled me to change the message just as I wanted.