Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] unred topics

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@exekutive)
Trusted Member

After around a day, topics become 'unread' all by themselves, even though nothing has been added. (Title in bold typeface)

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It depends on your login/logout status. Also, the browser caches may have been deleted. In any case, I'd recommend click the [mark all unread] button in the forum footer.

Topic starter
(@exekutive)
Trusted Member

it happens whether I log out or not.

so the unread status is stored in my browser, and not on the server? That's a strange way to do it. There is no [mark all unread] link, but even if there was, why would I want to click it. I don't want them marked unread. I want the ones I've already read to be ... read. (??)

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@exekutive ,

It stores info in both places (browser and server). And yes, this depends on your login/logout stats. it starts tracking your read topics when it detects who are you. So you should be login to let forum know who are you.

The button is here, and I recommend click it to reset all incorrect things.

You should turn on the footer statistic to see it.

Topic starter
(@exekutive)
Trusted Member

Yes, I'm always logged in, so it should know that I've read the topics. It just seems to forget the read status of all topics after a day or so. Admins have not turned on footer statistics.

Topic starter
(@exekutive)
Trusted Member

other members experience the same thing

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@exekutive,

Then ask them to click the same [Mark all read] link.

(@exekutive)

Trusted Member

@robert that's your solution?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@exekutive,

Because this is a user and website specific issue, we cannot provide other debugging ways and solutions. So using that button will reset the logs and may stop the issue. This is not a general issue, this is not a bug, and we don't have any other ways to help you.

I'm sorry, but we cannot debug each line of codes in your website and plugins you're using, this may be a conflict with other plugins or server specific issue. In any case, this is out of our support, for sure.