Clear all

[Solved] Urgent Help, Site is down after update to 2.0

161 Posts
5 Users
26 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I have update all plug ins and followed the instructions given to the T. I was going ot debug to see if there are any problem and my site is down with Database Connection Error.... please advise

Percysgrowroom.com/forum 

160 Replies
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

its back..... ill keep youll infomred, sorry for wasting your time 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Im getting the occasional database error, but i think these will fix themselves in time. Also a little slower than i am used to when post are posted, and liked, but again, I  think itll get better in time? Maybe? lol

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom "fix themselves in time"?

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @dimalifragis

fix themselves in time

like find the correct database path? For example, when trying to go to the log in page, the site had database error. after a couple of minutes it worked fine. 

I am assuming it just needed time ot find the right path or something? A few things have been the same as this, data base connection error, but then works fine after a minute or so?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

I see it works well, but two things:

1. it seems you've done some manipulations and the forum icons are not available, make sure the FA lib is enabled, and you don't have custom CSS affecting the icons.

2. Go to wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles admin page and select the Green style.

3 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert awesome, thanks mate 🙂 Ill get on the green things. I am making my way through the code right now, I had custom icons for the forum sections, ill add those now to see if they work. 

I pretty much copy and pasted my custom css, and am now making my way through it to see what still works, and what doesnt 🙂 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Also, find and remove the custom css which adds the shadow, it doesn't look good with v2.0, this kind of shadow are not used anymore it's an outdated style:

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

And please remove all custom css related to the footer, you've crashed the new design of the footer:

Page 1 / 13