Style [Solved] User profile view on post

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
 saeb
Topic starter
(@saeb)
Eminent Member

Slowly making progress to move across from phpbb to wpforo for numerous reasons. There are pros and cons of both forums but am trying to match them as close as possible.

One issue I have as I use it all the time is to view more info from member profile custom fields in the profile post area. Not sure what else to call this area so have attached an image.

With the wpforo custom fields plugin I have created more fields and want to show them around the joined, number of posts area.

Ideally I want to make have the message icon etc. appear at all times like the simplified view does. I'm currently using extend as it suits my forum more.

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @saeb,

Use this CSS to display the members profile buttons under the post user info. Insert this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea, save it, delete all caches, go to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post .wpf-left .wpforo-memberinfo {
display: block !important;
}
3 Replies
 saeb
(@saeb)

Eminent Member

@robert 

Perfect thanks.

Any thoughts on adding custom fields or existing field like location etc. to display in this area also?

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@saeb 

You can edit the post.php of the layout you are using

see here the update safe way to do this > Theme Customization

example Code location

<?php echo implode( ', ', array_diff((array) wpforo_member($member, 'location'), array(0)) ) ?>

example Code custom field

<?php echo implode( ', ', array_diff((array) wpforo_member($member, 'field_XXXXXXX'), array(0)) ) ?>

replace the "XXXXXXX" with the custom fieldnumber

I use the simplified layout and have also added costum fields 😉 

saeb
(@saeb)

Eminent Member

@tutrix Nice work. Thank you and worked perfectly for my needs.