Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] user registration authorization

14 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@scalo69)

Hi, is it possible to authorize the user who joined the forum administrator?

Topic Tags
13 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @scalo69,

I'm sorry, but we don't follow you well, please try to explain in other words.

Topic starter
(@scalo69)

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I would like to create a restricted forum. Only verified users can log in. Is there any way that allows the forum admin to authorize who signs up?

9 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@scalo69,

Thank you for clarification.

Please follow Robert's answer in this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/is-there-anyway-the-admin-can-approve-or-disapprove-the-new-memberships/#post-20367

(@ludovic)

@alvina Thank you

(@scalo69)

@alvina
I have seen but and the 2 plugins are from 3 years ago and are not updated. Other solutions?

Alvina
(@alvina)

@scalo69,

Try to find other plugins on google, and if that plugin uses the WordPress standard hook, it will work with the wpForo fine.

(@scalo69)

@alvina 
So your plugin doesn't have this function. Too bad because it would be very useful. Thanks for the tips

(@scalo69)

Last 
Is the Publish Press Permissions plugin compatible with yours?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: @scalo69

@alvina 
So your plugin doesn't have this function. Too bad because it would be very useful. Thanks for the tips

No, it is not for wpForo to handle this, Wordpress does all that. Registrations, Logins, Emails.

All what you say above have nothing to do with wpForo. Nothing is missing from wpForo (for that matter).

(@scalo69)

@anonymous20

And how does wordpress manage subscriber permissions? How does the administrator give access to those who register?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: @scalo69

@anonymous20

And how does wordpress manage subscriber permissions? How does the administrator give access to those who register?

I have no idea, there are plenty of forums at Wordpress.org, feel free to ask. Maybe with a plugin.

(@ludovic)

Hi,

I have the same Issue. I don't want that a person automatically bekomme a password without that I can control it. My forum is only for the members of my sport association and only them should have the possibility to have a permission to join the Forum. I want to control first that the person ist an active member bevor I give ihm a password.

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply
(@martin)

Support Team

@ludovic,

wpForo doesn't have any option to approve new registered users. You should find such solution in WordPress plugins. wpForo is based on WordPress user registration and authorization system so you should find solution for WordPress not for wpForo. This topic could help you: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/is-there-anyway-the-admin-can-approve-or-disapprove-the-new-memberships/#post-20367

I'm closing current topic.