Clear all

[Closed] user tagging on registration?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cheryld)

Hi, 

I'm running wpForo alongside BuddyPress. I had removed forums for a while but recently re-installed. I am using the BuddyPress registration page, not the wpforo one...but I found that when I tested and created an account the account had the #wpforo tag on it, though I did not register via the forums.

I cannot recall setting up this tag, nor can I find it in all of the settings. Is there anywhere in the plugin that tags users automatically when they register?

Thanks

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@cheryld,

Please explain what do you mean saying "wpforo tag"? What is that and where you see that? Please provide some screenshots.

Topic starter
(@cheryld)

Hi. Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay in answering.

Fortunately, I've deleted all the spam users and seem to have curtailed more of them registering.

However, what I see in the profile and before deletion is similar to what you see in the photo. Users seem to have #wpforo added on but I am not sure where it is coming from.

Thanks.

2 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@cheryld,

This (#wpforo) is related to wpForo, if you are using wpForo Plugin in your website you will see #wpforo while deleting user. In your screenshot, there is only #wpforo nothing else, that means that the current user doesn't have wpForo content (posts, topics).

If you delete a user which has wpForo content (posts, topics) you will have 2 options to manage the current user's content. Check the below screenshot:

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@cheryld,

This is not a tag, this is the title of another section for user deleting action. If the user doesn't have any topic/posts in the forum, then this title is only displayed without any selectors.