Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] What Cache plugin will work with wpforo?

7 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
René Munthe Eik
Topic starter
(@renemeik)
Eminent Member

I use the cache plugin Breeze, and it is making trouble for my forum plugin. Is there any other caching plugin that is proven to work with the wpforo-plugin?

Will W3 Total Cache plugin Work?

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You should exclude wpForo page (e.g. /community/*) from caching plugins. wpForo has own cache system. It comes with four different built-in caching systems:

• HTML Cache
  • Object Cache
  • Memory Cache
  • User Cache
1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

When it comes to caching PLUGIN (and not caching for php or webserver), only ONE Wordpress plugin can be trusted.

Comet Cache.

You install it (you exclude wpForo urls) and you forget it. Just works. All other caching plugins have issues, even Automaticc's WP Super Cache.

As for W3TC, it is the worst thing it can happen to you in 2017.

René Munthe Eik
Topic starter
(@renemeik)
Eminent Member

I am now using Breeze. It has been developed by my host to adapt to their servers. If I just disconnect varnish on my wordpress installation it workes fine now. It surely takes time to find the correct settings to the aspects of cashing, Both server, plugin and CDN. But now finally I havefound out how to do it  👍 

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

You asked but you seem not to want any answers, since you insist on this "breeze" an totally unknown plugin. So why asking in the first place ?

So, good luck with your site.

René Munthe Eik
Topic starter
(@renemeik)
Eminent Member
Posted by: Anonymous20

You asked but you seem not to want any answers, since you insist on this "breeze" an totally unknown plugin. So why asking in the first place ?

So, good luck with your site.

hi @anonymous20 I had big problems with Breeze, and wantet input on other plugins so that I could try to fix it. I wanted options to test, and have now done lots of testing of plugins, server settings and configuring CDN.

It now works, and that was my aim. Sorry if I have offended you with my question. That was not my intention.

And for my post on how i solved it, it was just to explain that it now was fixed. Maybe if someone else uses or want to use Cloudways as host, they could be helped from my answer.

(@mikegrecomba)
Trusted Member

How do you exclude WPforo from Managed WP caching?