Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] What plugin to use for additional User Roles?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

Hello!

I need a custom User Role to assign a Forum Administrator that is allowed to delete forum members but has no access to the whole WordPress Admin.

As I understand correctly, this can only be done by a User Role manager plugin, am I right?

If yes, which plugin do you reccomend for using it with wpForo?

(Currently I have disabled Role-Usergroup synchronisation, because I think it can be handled within wpForo. I have 4 different forums. 1 is accessible for all registered users and the other 3 have their own members and moderator)

Thanks very much in advance!

4 Replies
 mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

And in addition this Forum Administrator need to receive an email notification in case of a new user registration (this seems only be possible for Admin user roles....).

mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

Hello,

Just to clarify a bit more (summarized):

I need to create a Forum Administrator that has the following rights:
- Receive notification emails for new user registrations
- Allowed to delete members
- NO access to the whole WordPress admin part

Role-Usergroup synchronisation is disabled as I think all access rights can be handled within wpForo. I have 4 different forums. One forum is for all registered users. The other 3 forums each have their own member and own moderator (preferably their own Forum Administrator for editing their own members but that doesn't seem to be possible).

If I need a user role plugin for this, which one do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

mhit
Topic starter
(@mhit)
Estimable Member

It seems that sending new user registration notifications to multiple email addresses, is only possible by using a plugin (or additional code).

(Since this is only handled by WordPress, not by wpForo?)

Could you please confirm that?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Hi @mhit,

Posted by: @mhit

Receive notification emails for new user registrations

Navigate to wpForo > Settings > Email Settings, insert Forum Administrators email in Forum Admins Email Addresses field.

Scroll Down to "New User Registration Email for Administrators"

Disable "Stop Sending Emails to Admins on New User Registration".

Posted by: @mhit

Allowed to delete members

You can create a new Usergroup or Use one of the Defaults.

Edit the Usergroup and Enable "Dashboard - Can delete member" option.

Now you need to set the User Role for those Users who can delete members, the User Role should be at least Contributor, this won't work if you select Subscriber.

At last, Navigate to wpForo > Settings > Login & Registration, and see "User Delete Method" option.

Choose which method to use when user delete action comes. [Soft] option will not remove any content this user has already created. It'll only remove the user with all account information. The posts' author name will be changed to "Anonymous ID". [Hard] option will remove the user data and any content this user has already created.

Now you can open one of the user's wpForo Profile page, and by pressing Delete Account(Red Button) delete that users.

Note. If you set a higher User Role than Contributor, that user would have access to the Dashboard.