[Solved] Wordpress Search and Forum

7 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@languagecaster)
Eminent Member

Hello,

We have a web site (football language for learners of English) and we use Audio Podcast WordPress theme and of course the wpForo forum plug in (which is great). The search function for the forum itself is fine but when we look for words/phrases in the Wordpress website search nothing from the forum appears. I wonder if anyone knows of any conflict or a way around this as we would like the information on the forum to appear in the overall site search.

Thank you

Damian

https://languagecaster.com/community/

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @languagecaster,

your Website Search works for WordPress Posts, It won't be able to find wpForo posts and other content.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You can put wpForo Search widget in sidebars of other pages for in-forum searches.

Topic starter
(@languagecaster)
Eminent Member

Thank you for the replies. I was wondering if there was one search widget that would work for both the forum and the site - this would be better as it would also get more peopl to come and use the forum. Is there a way to make the data from the forum accessible across the site (if I switch off the plug in for example?)

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@languagecaster,

WordPress' search has no chance to search in forum posts. It requires lots of custom codding or a separate plugin. We'll try to find the best solution here, either extend WordPress search or wpForo search to make them search globally.

Topic starter
(@languagecaster)
Eminent Member

Thank you

Page 1 / 2