Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] wpForo and Crocoblock integration

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@fluent)

Has anyone tried to use Crocoblock and wpForo together? I am looking at building a community site and wanted to include a forum with it. My thought would be to add a forum thread to specific custom post types so that they could have a conversation aspect to them. I am sure this isn't possible out of the box. I would prefer to use a full-featured forum plugin software rather than try and create something with Jetengine. 

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @fluent,

Please explain the goal of converting wpForo topics and posts to a custom post type. If you need to have custom fields or other changes, it could be done with wpForo as well.

Topic starter
(@fluent)

My goal is not to convert wpForo topics to a CPT. I am only wanting to use it with my CPTs. For example. Lets say I create a CPT for Restaurants to make it easy. Well I would like to add a forum thread to the CPT post to give users a place to talk about that particular restaurant. Or even an event CPT where I can attach a forum thread to each event and give users a place to talk about the event within the CPT single listing page.

Topic starter
(@fluent)

Thinking off the top of my head. Could I just create the thread about the event in wpforo then use a short code to grab that thread and place the shortcode into the CPT field so it displays on the CPT page? Is it possible to do this with WPforo?