I restored a forum post from back up and it is displaying anonymous as the author. The post has an original author and I have tried making it display correctly
Hi @vis2change . The "anonymous" issue has been answered on this post.
Also, the Support Forum website search is pretty robust in finding answers to previously asked questions. Good luck! 🙂
Thank you, but my user is not deleted and the link above says I should provide a link
Hi @vis2change , I just checked out your forum with the link you provided and I noticed the "Anonymous" posts.
What I can suggest is to first "enable" your Forum's Debug Mode. Here's how:
- Go to Forum Dashboard
- Enable Debug Mode ("If you got some issue with wpForo, please enable this option before asking for support, this outputs hidden important information to help us debug your issue.")
- Set it to YES
- Click UPDATE OPTIONS at the bottom of the page.
Then here's how to Debug and see the Errors & Issues:
- Go to: Forum Dashboard
- Click the Debug tab
- On the Debug Information Row
- Click [ Errors & Issues ]
- There you will see "Issues and Recommendations" and Error Logs
- So you can know which or what exactly is causing the issues you're having.
- Once you've identified the exact issue that's causing the errors ..
- Go back to your Forum Dashboard
- Under Forum Maintenance
- Click Delete All Caches
- Press Control F5 twice on your frontend and test it again.
Also it helps to test it on an Incognito Window or in another browser, especially if you are also testing on a Mobile Device (since Mobile devices have hard caches).
If you are still seeing the "Anonymous" authors, after doing all that, maybe the Support Team and other Community Members can also be able to assist. (I'm just a member here 🙂 You can post the exact error logs if the issue is still unresolved.
Good luck and God bless you!
The debug option is in Settings / Features.