wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] One Topic Layout Damaged

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
OMTesla
Topic starter
(@omtesla)

Hello

I recently discovered that one of my important topic have damaged layout, not sure why but only this one is damaged the others are fine. Also have observed it loads slower than other topics which is not normal.

The links don't work if i m logged in, but if logged out they work, anyway i want to fix the layout of it.

Here is link to the topic so you can investigate.

I have a cache plugin disabling it does not resolve the issue because it's only one topic affected.
Thank you.

5 Replies
OMTesla
Topic starter
(@omtesla)

I went through all 8 pages of that topic and found out only 1/2/3 are damaged but the rest are good, hope this helps to troubleshoot.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @itesla,

I'm sorry, but we don't support such issues. This is a result of copy and pasting HTML content in the editor. I see the content is wrongly copied without closing tags. You're doing wrong copy/past.

Just remove your posts, this is the only solution. There is no way to go through all HTML tags and find the unclosed tags. This is why we've added a toolbar button to only paste TEXT content:

The posts you should delete are attached. After deleting posts you should delete wpForo cache and all other caches. And yes, there maybe other crashed posts too.

OMTesla
Topic starter
(@omtesla)

From what i remember this problem was not available there even after gVectors Team helped to migrate from BBPress forum plugin.
Now i have other idea, to go into database and edit those replies.

Thank you for the hinted support!

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@itesla,

After any edit in database, don't forget to go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page and click the [delete all caches] button to see the result.

OMTesla
(@omtesla)

@robert
I have finally sorted it out, until now was editing the replies in database and got a headache, i was trying to understand why those specific links damages the layout, then it have hit me to remember something, i did search replace some months ago to make all links with https, so the solution was to remove the s* from aliexpress links this is weird but it worked, had to edit 6 replies to resolve, but i still don't understand why the other links with https are not causing anything.

Is this a bug in wpForo?
P.s. i still not upgraded to last version because of some paranoia which i will not mention. 😀