Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Lost password feature not working on my website?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@scm22ri)

Hi,

My "lost password" feature doesn't seem to be working on my website. I'm not sure why... can anyone here offer me any clarity? 

The "lost password" page seems to be redirected somewhere else. I'm getting a 401error. 

Thanks

4 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Hello.

Please REMOVE / DISABLE the W3TC caching plugin from your site. Do youself a favor doing that. If you need a caching plugin, there are normal plugins for that. W3TC is not. And with every plugin for caching, wpForo page should be EXCLUDED.

You seem to have changed the pages, so "/lostpassword/" is not found. Not related to wpForo but apparently to some plugin you are using for login/register.

Topic starter
(@scm22ri)

You seem to have changed the pages, so "/lostpassword/" is not found. Not related to wpForo but apparently to some plugin you are using for login/register.

Hi,

I deactivated the W3 Total Cache plugin on my website. However, when I deactivated the wpFORO plugin my "lostpassword" page is working perfectly. 

When I reactivated the wpFORO plugin my "lostpassword" page isn't working. 

I know you said above it's not wpFORO related but how could it not be related when I deactivate the plugin and the "lostpassword" page is working. 

Please advise. 

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@scm22ri

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page, make sure the "Lost Password URL" field is empty in the "Custom Authorization URLs" section. 

(@scm22ri)

@sofy

Thank you