[Closed] wpForo 1.4.0 is released!

37 Posts
7 Users
19 Likes
20.5 K Views
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Clicking to recent post widget here, at the right side:

https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-4-0-is-released/paged/2/#post-11442

i get a 404.

Posted : 09/10/2017 11:58 am
nando4 reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Ray

Hi

After the update, I lost forum members. I had so far 24, now only 2.

I read the instructions, but can't really understand how to get back my "lost" forum members".

wpForo doesn't delete members, this is just a statistic issue. Something was wrong in your db, now after update and removed cache you see the real situation.

Firs I'd recommend check if all members exist in Dashboard > Forums > Members admin page and in Dashboard > Users admin page. If you see difference please call this URL in dashboard:

https://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpforo-community&action=synch

Chance example.com to your domain.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 09/10/2017 12:40 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: nando4

Good call Anonymous20, thank you. As advised, I enabled DEBUG.LOG, did a test search finding it failed with memory exhaustion. This was with WP_MEMORY_LIMIT set to 128M:

[09-Oct-2017 11:22:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/egpu/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 175

@Robert, can you advise/investigate why DB searches are now failing in 1.4.0 with memory exhaustion errors but had no issues under 1.3.1?

Please check it again. We deleted all caches and all works fine now. Also the caching and cache updating processes are going without any issue. We didn't find the reason. It seems some cache file was damaged or so. This is not a general issue and I think it doesn't have direct relation to update.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 09/10/2017 12:47 pm
nando4 reacted
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, confirmed is all fixed. Thank you for the quick response 🙂

Posted : 09/10/2017 1:00 pm
Robert reacted
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

Hi Robert

Love your new update but i would like to disable RSS feeds completely.

Had to erase a part of class-feed file in beginning but got 3 errors in a plugin i have that show me errors and all 3 are related to the class-feed file which i edited.

How to do it proper?

Posted : 09/10/2017 3:24 pm
Ray
 Ray
(@ray)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Robert

Hi

After the update, I lost forum members. I had so far 24, now only 2.

I read the instructions, but can't really understand how to get back my "lost" forum members".

wpForo doesn't delete members, this is just a statistic issue. Something was wrong in your db, now after update and removed cache you see the real situation.

Firs I'd recommend check if all members exist in Dashboard > Forums > Members admin page and in Dashboard > Users admin page. If you see difference please call this URL in dashboard:

Chance example.com to your domain.

Hi,

I have all registered members in my website. But, still only 2 members on forum after I tried

Should I try to restore a backup or deactivate WP Foro plugin and reactivate it again? since the problem persists.

Ray

Posted : 09/10/2017 4:04 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: iTesla

Hi Robert

Love your new update but i would like to disable RSS feeds completely.

Had to erase a part of class-feed file in beginning but got 3 errors in a plugin i have that show me errors and all 3 are related to the class-feed file which i edited.

How to do it proper?

Could you please leave the error log here? We did a deep debug and didn't find errors in RSS class.

Posted : 09/10/2017 5:05 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Hi,

I have all registered members in my website. But, still only 2 members on forum after I tried

Should I try to restore a backup or deactivate WP Foro plugin and reactivate it again? since the problem persists.

Ray

Believe me, that's impassible to keep users in users table and remove these 22 members from profile table on forum update. Something is irregular on your end. I think this is not related to update. I can check it if you send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

Posted : 09/10/2017 5:13 pm
Ray
 Ray
(@ray)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Robert

Hi,

Ray

Believe me, that's impassible to keep users in users table and remove these 22 members from profile table on forum update. Something is irregular on your end. I think this is not related to update. I can check it if you send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

I send my credentials. You might figure out what it could be.

Thanks for the help

Posted : 09/10/2017 5:47 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Ray,

All is correct. Your Wordpress is a multi-site installation. There are only two users on the subSite you run wpForo, so you have 2 members in forum too. Other 22 users are not registered in the subSite, they are registered on the main site. Before 1.4.0 version wpForo had bug, it was showing all users of multi-site in one subSite forum. This is not correct. We've fixed this issue and now you see the correct number of users in your forum. I think you should install wpForo on the main site to have 22 members. There is no way to mix all subSite users in one subSite. This is the reason why you see 2 member. 2 is correct number, 24 was incorrect.

Posted : 09/10/2017 6:05 pm
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, another issue. Am seeing several "Awaiting moderation" posts by veteran users who are well and truly past the 5-post requirement to bypass the spam filtering.  These user's posts under 1.3.1 required no moderation. Eg: the following user has 62 posts and passes comment about suddenly seeing "Awaiting moderation":

https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/nvidia-is-killing-off-mpciengff-m2-egpus-error-43-with-372-90/paged/9/#post-21533

Can you please advise why these user's posts all of the sudden require moderation?

Posted : 09/10/2017 6:12 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@Robert, another issue. Am seeing several "Awaiting moderation" posts by veteran users who are well and truly past the 5-post requirement to bypass the spam filtering.  These user's posts under 1.3.1 required no moderation. Eg: the following user has 62 posts and passes comment about suddenly seeing "Awaiting moderation":

Can you please advise why these user's posts all of the sudden require moderation?

I can't say, maybe some insecure symbol or HTML tag was detected in this post. The spam control functions are robots, there is no way to 100% filter posts. I'd also recommend you install Aksimet. It's integrated with wpForo and wpForo Spam Control, they work better together.

Posted : 09/10/2017 6:30 pm
nando4 reacted
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, thank you the update. I saw two veteran user appear earlier today for moderation.  These were simple posts without any special symbols or HTML tags. Akismet is already installed.

Any other advice on what to check on reoccurence of Awaiting moderation for such posts? I can use the phpMyAdmin access to check DB records of interest if that helps.

Posted : 09/10/2017 6:48 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

@Robert, thank you the update. I saw two veteran user appear earlier today for moderation.  These were simple posts without any special symbols or HTML tags. Akismet is already installed.

Any other advice on what to check on reoccurence of Awaiting moderation for such posts? I can use the phpMyAdmin access to check DB records of interest if that helps.

I'm sorry but I have no other ideas. I'll update if I got any.

BTW, it my be Akismet reason. Maybe Akismet found something suspicious. If you got such a case again, please deactivate Akismet for a while and check it.

Posted : 09/10/2017 7:15 pm
nando4 reacted
Ray
 Ray
(@ray)
Eminent Member

Thank you Robert.

I'll will try fixing this.

Very nice support! 🙂

Posted : 09/10/2017 7:48 pm
Page 2 / 3