[Closed] wpForo 1.4.1 is released!
We just released wpForo 1.4.1 version!
There were a few small bugs in 1.4.0 version. We've fixed those in 1.4.1 and added a few feature/options.
- Added: Bold titles when Forum and Topic is not visited/read. There is no [set all read] button yet, we'll add it in future releases. There is an option to disable this feature in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page (Log Viewed Forums and Topics).
- Added: Option to enable/disable forum RSS Feed
- Added: Option to enable/disable WP to wpForo reset pass URL
- Fixed Bug: Guests permission to view users avatar is disabled
- Fixed Bug: Unable to change user Email and Display Name
- Fixed Bug: Search form problem, empty forum field on some servers
- Fixed Bug: Widget avatar doesn’t reflect view avatar permission
NOTE: IF YOU UPDATE FROM 1.4.0
- To load your customized colors please refresh forum front-end page twice.
- If you have a Cache Plugin, please delete all caches after wpForo update.
- If you use CDN and found some issue please purge it.
NOTE: IF YOU UPDATE FROM OLDER VERSIONS
- If you have a customized copy of wpForo template files in your WP theme /wpforo/ folder please update them. wpForo 1.4.0 requires new template files.
- If you see style issues after update, please refresh forum page twice or do Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end to load new styles.
- If you have wpForo addons, please update them right after wpForo update. Don’t update them before wpForo update.
- In case you update forum and you have a large database, please make your forum faster using this instruction…
Thank you iTesla,
Check it in 20 minutes, sometimes WordPress add update note in one hour.
Since version 1.4, the "Add reply" button has changed. I mean the "phrase field". I translated all the phrases manually into Spanish, and the answer button I think was "Leave a reply" or "submit", I think. Now it's "Add Reply", but I can't find this phrase to translate.
If you can't find any phrase you can add and translate it in Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page.
I have observed recently when i visit some topic there is still RSS link available on blue bar.
If you can tell me what to edit to disable it, because for another update we will have to wait.
please delete caches. If it's disabled in one topic then it's disabled for all. This is a program and it works with same code. There is no way to have RSS link on one topic and don't have it on another. This only can be browser/device or WordPress cache issue.Delete all mentioned caches and do Ctrl+F5 on forum front. Or check it on different devices.
Make sure you've disabled RSS in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.
I did what you say but it still display RSS link in each topic but not in forums this feature is off in settings under features.
I think you have a copy of topic/post template file in active theme folder. You don't use latest wpForo template files. This option has been added with 1.4.1 version, so you should update it.
Testing smiley 🙂
@Robert, the above works here but we've found if a seasoned (> 5 posts) user has any smilies in their previous posts then will trigger Awaiting Moderation for a post on my site. This bug was introduced with the wpforo 1.3.1->1.4.0 upgrade and downgrading to 1.3.1 has not helped. I discussed it with you in the 1.4.0 thread.
I'd appreciate a hand sorting this out because we've not found the cause of this. It's now become an admin headache. I wish to engage more support to solve this problem on this forum platform. Thank you.